Friday, May 31, 2013

crochet - teacher's gift

   I was put on the task to create a teacher's gift this year.  Her idea was crocheted pencil toppers.  Another adventure for me since I had not tried these before.  I knew how to create flowers and leaves and knew how to create cylinder shapes but to put all three together and have them fit correctly was a challenge.  I started with the cylinder because I needed to get the gauge down in order for them to fit the top of the pencils.  I did not want the toppers to fall of easily but also did not want to struggle pushing them onto the pencil backs.  Once those were finished I worked on different flowers in different colours.  Finally the leaves.  None of these were the same and that is how I wanted them because every leaf is just a tad different.   All together there needed to be 11 pencil toppers.   They took me two days of work and I think they came out lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment